A cycling week that will feature great riding and three Giro d'Italia stages
Beppe Salerno - Tourissimo co-founder and Turin-born cycling enthusiast - is working on a cycling week that takes advantage of the Turin start. Join him for a cycling holiday of a lifetime next May for the 104th edition of the most beautiful cycling race in the world: Giro d'Italia.
May 6-13, 2021 (airport: Turin TRN). Starting at $ 2,495.
Fill out the form to receive more info. No commitment until the itinerary is released.
This tour is for you if:
- You've been dreaming of riding some of the same routes of the Giro d'Italia course and seeing the race live.
- You want to rely on our local knowledge and go for a package designed by Tourissimo's experts.
- You are looking for the chance for some incredible spring training rides in beautiful Piedmont.
- You look forward to refueling with the best meals and pasta dishes.
- You think that relaxing and having some social time in the VIP lounge for one of the stages is an awesome idea.
Rumors were confirmed on February 4th and more details were released.
On Saturday 8 May, the Corsa Rosa will begin from Turin, the capital of Piedmont. On the 160th anniversary of Italian unification, Turin - the first capital of Italy - and the Piedmont region is set to host the Grande Partenza of the Giro d’Italia.
Stage 1 will see riders tackle a 9 kilometer-long individual time trial through the streets of Turin and along the Po River. A short stage but a long show for attendees, a runway for our heroes piloting their carbon fiber rockets at blazing speed. Our money is 100% on World Champ Filippo Ganna (Ineos Grenadiers).
Stage 2 from Stupinigi to Novara – a flat one for the sprinters (173 km). We’ll go to the start (with VIP passes) set by the famous hunting lodge of the Savoy Royal Family (a proper royal palace and UNESCO site as one of the royal family palaces).
Stage 3 will also be in Piedmont from Biella to Canale, in the beautiful wine region called Roero, absolutely not new on Tourissimo’s itineraries. This undulating stage (187 km) will likely attract the interest of the race’s finisseurs. We know the best spots in the final 30 kms where to wait for the racers.
Piedmont Grande Partenza of the Giro d’Italia stages:
- Stage one, Saturday May 8: Turin – Turin 9km ITT
- Stage two, Sunday May 9: Stupinigi – Novara 173km flat
- Stage three, Monday May 10: Biella – Canale 187km hilly
Fill out the form if you do not miss this Italian bike tour with Giro d'Italia.